Summer is just around the corner now and even here, in London, we’ve had a few hot days already. Having ice cream every day is tempting, but probably not the healthiest choice – at least not store bought ice cream packed with sugar. That doesn’t mean we can’t have a nice, frozen treat whenever we feel like our body is beginning to melt. Yes, you heard it right – you can have a frozen treat every day and stay healthy! And here is how.
- Low fat skyr or Greek style yoghurt
- Juicy fruits, raspberries and cherries work great
- Honey (or other sweeteners, if you prefer)
Sweeten the yoghurt with honey or other sweetener of your choice.
Chop up the fruits so that they ooze some juice.
Wrap a plate with cling film (I used a plastic plate). Spread the yoghurt on the plate and place the fruits on top. Move them around a bit, to leave a trail of juice in the yoghurt.
Freeze for a few hours. Break into pieces before serving.
Frozen yoghurt bark
A light, simple, healthy frozen snack you can eat guilt-free every day.
- 1 cup skyr or low-fat greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons of honey (or other sweetener)
- a handful of raspberries and cherries
- Roughly chop up the fruits.
- Sweeten the yoghurt to your liking.
- Wrap a plastic plate with cling film. Spread the yoghurt on the plate.
- Put the fruits on the yoghurt and press them into it.
- Freeze for around 3 hours (or more).
- Break into smaller pieces before serving.