These crunchy oven baked dumplings are a great idea for a weekend dinner – or, a party snack! You can make them with a variety of different fillings and serve with a selection of dips. Absolutely delicious!
Dough for 4 servings (~28 dumplings):
- 1.5 cups wholemeal flour
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of liquid vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup (around 150 grams) of plain yoghurt (I used greek yoghurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of curry spice, a bit of paprika, a sprinkle of salt and pepper
Filling for 4 servings (~28 dumplings) – my suggestion, you can fill the dumplings with any goodness of your choice:
- 400g minced meat (I used pork)
- 150g sweet corn from a can
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 large or 2 medium onions
- 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- A bit of oil
- Salt, pepper, curry, paprika
- Egg wash & grated parmezan
Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
To make the dough:
Mix everything together in a bowl. If the dough is too dry (meaning you can’t mix all of the flour in) add 1-2 tablespoons of water. The dough should be nice and smooth, you should be able to roll it out and cut into shapes.
To make the filling:
Dice the onion and fry it until golden (I use coconut oil for frying). Add meat, soy sauce and tomato paste and fry for about 15 minutes, until the meat is no longer raw. Stir in the corn and spices. Cook for a while to make sure there’s no water left (you don’t want the dumplings to go soggy) and put to side to cool it down.
Roll the dough out so it’s about 3-4mm thick and, using a glass, cut out circles. Add a tablespoon of filling on each circle and close it, forming a dumpling. Press the edges well so the dumplings don’t open. Brush each dumpling with egg wash and sprinkle with parmezan cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with home made dips. Enjoy 🙂